Monday, July 12, 2004

Unintended Consequences

Last night one of the young Amazon's friends called to rage. She had just been to see Fahrenrant 9/11. She was a ranting and a raving. She was all worked up and impassioned with I'd say was a 9 on the Richter scale. She felt she had been ripped off and duped into seeing this "documentary" film. This young teenage is an aspiring artist and musician. There may yet be hope for the younger generation. No doubt she is now, one of the 60% of Canadian teens who do not think Americans are evil, though I am not sure that she doesn't think that of Michael Moore.

I will not see this film, I work very hard for my money, and I have no intention of spending it like this. There is just no value in it. I saw Roger & Me years ago. Inspite of the raves, one of the things that rubbed me the wrong way is how Moore mocked the "little" people in his film who were just doing their job. I was brought up to believe that work had value and no matter what you did, be it cleaning toilets or cleaning floors, you did it to the best of your ability. A self-appointed champion of the working class has no business mocking the working class at work.

No comments: