Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Fox News Network

Bill O'Reilly, a broadcaster on the Fox News Network, commented on July 9, 2004 on the Canadian Poll showing 40% of Canadian Teens equate America with evil.

I realized that some broadcasters, even some American broadcasters, think Bill O'Reilly is evil. I wouldn't know. In my country, I am not allow to watch Fox News Network. I had to read the transcript on O'Reilly's Talking Point Memo on the internet. He didn't read like an evil man, he sounded like an angry man. One with a point of view.

What I don't understand is why I cannot watch Fox News Network. I would pay an extra fee to have it available on my cable. If I didn't like it, then I would cancel it. Simple as that. What I truly don't understand, is why, in this land of multi-culturalism and diversity, am I only allowed to hear and see on the airwaves what government appointees to the CRTC decide is diverse "enough".




No comments: