Sunday, July 11, 2004

Some Svends Never Change

Amazons do not take pleasure in the misfortunes of others (unless they are mortal enemies of Amazons) but there is a certain sense of satisfaction, a real "uh hu" factor that crossed my face as I read this:

Although Robinson admitted to the theft two days after the video which recorded the act was handed over to police and was only charged two months after the fact, special prosecutor Len Doust told Judge Dennis Schmidt that there had not been enough time to complete investigation of the theft. The judge agreed to delay the plea.


The Globe and Mail reported this:

Mr. Robinson said he regretted his theft moments after he'd done it.
"Immediately upon leaving the premises I realized that I must return the jewellery," he said. He added that he was "too afraid to go back."
Unable to contact the owners by telephone during the long weekend, he went to police on Tuesday morning.


From From Sven's website statement we have this

On Tuesday morning, I attempted to contact the owners, and not being able to do so directly, I went to the police and gave them a full account of what I had done, and returned the jewellery to them.

Now there are two differing accounts. From Svend’s own statement, a statement reported from the Globe and Mail and a reporter duly reporting on the exchange between Special Porsecutor Len Doust to Justice Schmidt in the courtroom.

I’d say some Svends never change.



No comments: