Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Poll says "40% of Canadian Teens think USA is Evil"

I really wasn't going to comment about this article. I have blogged before about Canadian Anti-Americanism. What changed my mind was what one of my children had to say today about a poster up at his not-for-profit community centre run summer daycamp program. He informed me that there is a poster up in one of the rooms at the centre that the children use saying "George Bush is a Terrorist". This is the same daycamp program that states in their camp code of conduct there shall be no racist, sexism or heterosexualism!???(go figure)...I guess expressions of Anti-Americanism are encouraged. Nice to see the trickle down effect in action with your donations to the United Way.

Who can be surprised that 40% of Canadian Teens think America is Evil? Joseph Goebbels was the Minister of Propaganda for the Nazi regime and whose very famous quote was, "If you tell a lie long enough, it becomes the truth." 40% of Canadians Teens have got it. What is surprising is that 60% of Canadian teens haven't caught on yet, but I am sure given enough time in community funded initiatives, they just might.

No comments: