Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Lost Budgie

The Lost Budgie is a relative newcomer in the blogsphere and has a post that is a must read for anyone concerned about the recent violence on Toronto streets. I won’t say that I don’t take issue with certain premises in the post, and it is certainly doesn’t mirror my own experiences, but it is long past the time for a little soul searching and I give the Lost Budgie credit for even attempting to suggest Jamaican Matriarchal family structures are the root cause of violent crime that has erupted on our city streets. It is certainly something that must be examined.

I will certainly respond and I am working on a post that probably won’t see the light of blogger until next week but until then go read, ponder and let’s start the debate.

No comments: