Monday, August 22, 2005

I finally find a use for Can-Con.

I am seriously out of touch this weekend. Not only has blogging been non-existent so has reading. The Last Amazon and her brother arrived home a week early from the East Coast just in time for my living room to be taken over by movie people with their lights for a WW2 flick about Canadian pilots in Montreal prior to the Americans joining the war effort.

When the film people originally approached me asking if they could use my living for a lighting track to brighten up the street for night shoot outside my house they explained that wanted to use the outside of my house to re-create a street scene representing Montreal in the 1940’s; I couldn’t stop laughing as 19th Century Toronto architecture looks nothing like 1940’s Montreal. I suppose it works as long as one has no feel or first hand knowledge about Montreal.

On the upside, at 5am all the street people who normally plague me were gone and I didn’t have to use my Super Soaker even once…now if only I could find a way to have film people shooting 24/7 outside my living room windows; I could be seriously serene in the mornings.

2 comments:

SC&A said...

Very cool! What's the name of the flick?

K. Shoshana said...

Above & Beyond - though who knows if that title will stay once the post-production work starts.