Monday, February 26, 2007

Crying Uncle

Really, with each passing day I am really starting to seriously question not only what the point of UN Resolution 1701 was; but what’s the point of any international “peacekeeping” mission in the Lebanon. Arutz Sheva carries this report.
(IsraelNN.com) The Lebanese army has made a deal with Hizbullah terrorist guerillas, dividing up patrols in southern Lebanon, according to an officer of the United Nations Interim Forces (UNIFIL).

Hajj Ali, a Hizbullah terrorist leader who lives in the village of Bint Jbil near the Israeli border, declared, "There will be another war in the summer. It is the beginning of the end for Israel; we are preparing."
Somehow, I really don’t think Canadian taxpapers expected CIDA’s Lebanon Relief Fund to help prop a country determined to go down the path to perdition. And in that spirit, I suggest the next time the Lebanon cries “uncle” to the UN; we just let them whine in the corner by themselves.

2 comments:

Michael said...

I just find it interesting how, whenever the Arabs are losing a war to Israel, they cry "Uncle" to the UN.

They can't even look us in the eye.

But then, these are the same brave warriors who won't reveal their faces in public.

K. Shoshana said...

Michael, I am glad to see your real life keeps you busy (and I hope all your endeavours remain profitable) but I do have to say I missed one of my favourite commenters.

As far as the Arabs crying "Uncle", hasn't it always been that way?