Friday, February 09, 2007

Are You a Liberal Anti-Semite?

I took the Slate’s "Are you a Liberal Anti-Semite?" Quiz to fill a moment of boredom.

The first question I actually scored a point on was by answering 'a' to question number 4:

4. Which state's offenses against humanity bother you most?

a) Sudan
b) Israel
c) Massachusetts

I ultimately did chose Sudan, but I will own up to pausing and waffling a moment between Massachusetts and Sudan. Just think Ted Kennedy/John Kerry and you should understand my momentary dilemna.

The only other question I gained a point on was question number 10.

10. The term neoconservative suggests:

a) Erstwhile leftie radicals who grew disenchanted with the welfare state.
b) A cabal of pro-Israel intellectuals who have hijacked our foreign policy.
c) A code word for "Jews" used by the people who answered (b).

I have to admit to being a little confused over the term 'neoconservative'. I know what I believe the term means, but then, neo-con has morphed to become code for some many other things (depending on who is hissing it) that I just I can’t seem to keep up with all the various nuances or keep them straight in my own mind. In the end, I thought 'David Horowitz' and went with that.

My result: 2 points in total. Apparently that makes me not an Anti-Semite (no real surprise there) but I am no liberal either. Whoosh, what a relief!:
0-3: OK, you're not an anti-Semite. But you're not a liberal either. You win a lifetime subscription to Commentary and this sheaf of old AIPAC newsletters.

No comments: