Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A change is as good as a rest

For years, I have purposely refused to consider adding web based ads to my blog. I never really thought the financial model would be rewarding enough to sufficiently compensate me for the hassle of getting the templates working in light of the limitations posed from my own code challenged self. That is until recently, when I received an email from an Israeli web based ad group in Jerusalem asking me to consider joining.

So why did I decide Web Ads was worth taking a tousle with? Well, sitting all nice ‘n’ snug or safe ‘n’ sound as it were, behind my computer screen in North American there are only limited opportunities to tangibly support the Israeli state.

There are so many and varied international divestment schemes working world wide to undermine the Israeli state financially, so when I run across an opportunity to show a little support, I try to do what I can. In my mind, running Web Ads is a win-win situation. I do my small part for Israel, plus capitalism. It’s all good. Besides, there are just only so many bottles of Israeli wine a relative tea/coffee-totaler like me can justify buying.

No comments: