Monday, January 22, 2007

My life outside of blogging is still on the internet

I have been blogging much lately as I haven’t been surfing the net. The Last Amazon found this site. The implications of which is that the furniture is re-arranged so we can all curl up in front of the computer screen in comfort to watch internet television as a family.

I had to re-watch all of Xena the Warrior Princess for the second time – the sacrifices motherhood demands can be horrendous at times. Don’t get me wrong, Xena was okay (almost anything beats Barney) but it’s just so cheesy the second time around that I swear it has induced acid reflux in me – especially the Opera Episode.

The upside has been that Montana and I have finally seen most of the first half of Stargate Series 10. I will probably still buy the DVD (whenever the DVD is finally released – I had to wait for what seemed like forever for Season 9 from MGM). The boys really like the series and it would complete their collection. Isaiah and I keep falling asleep trying to watch season 3 of Lost last fall so its great we can watch it at an hour when we are both mostly likely to stay awake.

The downside is that the site also has links for Cartoons & Anime. I have drawn the line at Power Rangers and Dragonball Z.

6 comments:

Chris Taylor said...

The Power Rangers are good clean cheesy fun. They are at least firmly "G" rated versus more recent stuff (which I also find highly entertaining but kid-inappropriate) like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Attorney-at-Law, and Robot Chicken.

K. Shoshana said...

Harvey Birdman - attorney at law - this is humorous????

Chris Taylor said...

You would have to see an episode to understand... Harvey Birdman is an old Hanna-Barbera superhero reimagined as an attorney working in a law office with other B-list superheroes. Their clients are frequently A-list H-B characters (like Fred Flintstone, Scooby Doo, Quickdraw McGraw, etc).

You can see a bunch of clips here.

K. Shoshana said...

I suppose my stinct working for criminal lawyers has ruined me. I find nothing amusing about lawyers of any kind. You say lawyer and "blood sucking #$%%$^(#%$^####" is the first thought to come to mind.

Michael said...

Kate:
You have a life outside of blogging? I'm shocked...

K. Shoshana said...

Well, every once and a while I take a break from being a zionist hack.