Thursday, January 11, 2007

Blog Secrets

In the last two years of blogging, I have often been asked what blogs I read. Usually I avoid giving a straight answer. I actually read everyone on my blogroll, and then some. I don’t necessarily read every blog ever day, but in any given week, I usually manage to make at least one fly-over read for everyone listed. As a rule, just put me down as one of the maddening silent readers. I am not much of a commenter – even if I like the blog. Then, I also read a number of other blogs I find on other people’s blogrolls. Sometimes, I end up visiting the same blog, over and over again, just to get the link to a treasure of a blog I found on their blogroll.

Seraphic Secret is one of those treasures I originally found somewhere else. I am not sure on whose blogroll I found it on first, but I suspect I owe big props to one unlinked blog. I first visited in the middle of “How I married Karen”. It’s not often I am a sucker for a romance but this was a heck of a one. Reading it transported me back to childhood, when I would sit enraptured, listening to the family histories being told. The relationship between Robert and Karen is what we should all be striving for and rarely settle for. I freely admit as a widow, I am green with envy but in a really nice way. For some strange reason, I somehow find it very reassuring to find that there are couples like Robert and Karen out in the big wide world - even if I never number among their ranks.

Well, Robert has started another serial called My Hollywood Gun. Read Part 1 – The Burning and then stroll onward and upward for the rest at Seraphic Secret. I would say it illustrates the potential for personal disaster which can result when you consign your personal safety to government – any government. Personally, I prefer not to remain a bystander in my own life.

No comments: