Wednesday, January 24, 2007

About that Vietnam War Analogy

I didn’t watch the Bush State of the Union address as I was busy napping. When I woke up, my beloved daughter had turned the channel to CNN aka the 24 hour Hillary Network, probably out of spite, because she didn’t like dinner. I watched for a half an hour and I think it is now safe to call the US Democratic Party officially the Party of Cut and Run. I also think it’s a safe assumption to suggest that Democratic Senators don’t recognize the Pottery Barn rule. Frankly, I never really saw the analogy to the Vietnam War until now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only analogy to Vietnam is how the Democrats and other politicos are doing the exact same foolish things. The media too is playing into the hands of the extremists and muhammadans that know just how well their vicious deeds play on network news, and just how intimidating it is to the left. Just like the Vietcong and the NVA.

What they all forget about Vietnam is the millions who died because we left and never aided a democratically elected government fend off a foreign invader. Apparently that is not the history that the left wants to remember, although they sure do seem intent on repeating it!

K. Shoshana said...

Josh, that's exactly why I suggest Iraq is suddenly looking like Vietnam. We have all been done this road before and I suspect the US is about to make the same mistake.

Anonymous said...

Ow!

But yes, I fear you may be right, Kateland.

K. Shoshana said...

Ben, I am going to start to get a complex as everyone always seems to be afraid when I'm right.

Anonymous said...

Well, we don't actually want that stuff to be true...

I'd much prefer these to be paranoid, unfounded rantings (on both your part and mine).