Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gee, I am not only alive and well but I don't have a penis - The Redux

From Halls of Macadamia I learned there is to be one of those lists drawn-up for "Smart" Canadian Women political bloggers via Liberal Catnip, who has taken it upon herself to provide such a top ten list of smart Canadian women political bloggers to Lord Voldemort of I-Sue-bloggers. But of course, there is a caveat. Isn’t that always the way with a liberal?

The 2006 Weblog Winner for Best Canadian Blog, and probably one of the top 3 Canadian political bloggers of all-time, doesn’t pass Catnip’s sniff test. And it’s not just her, but any bloggers "just like her." No doubt in liberalese this translates into "conservative" or "libertarian conservative" women just won’t make the list or the grade.

Ironically, Catnip has now changed her criteria. No longer will nominations be confined to solely "smart" Canadian women political bloggers. Now she will accept any "smart" female Canadian bloggers because - are you ready for this - “there are some women who intersperse 'political' issues with personal postings (as I do here as well, occasionally). Okay. That would seem to make my task much more vast then. 'Politics' is much more than discussions about political parties etc. It is personal."

So until, she and others just like her find a method to permanently gag me - I’ll post this once more.

I don’t know how many times I have to write this. But once again for the record: I do not have a penis nor am I an angry white male. I may write from a more conservative viewpoint but that does not mean that I have suddenly sprouted testes beside my ovaries. The only balls I ever had were brass ones. For frack’s sake, I am not some angry white male poser in drag hiding behind a computer screen.

Why do lefties and liberals maintain that there are no female conservative voices of note in the blogsphere – even in the Canadian blogsphere? And why almost down to the last woman blogging do they continue to propagate this myth that conservative right wing bloggers are all angry white males? I am so bleeding tired of liberal pundits suggesting that my voice and my readership are irrelevant to any discussion of discourse in the Canadian political blogsphere because I am a conservative female blogger; ergo, I don’t exist. Is there a litmus test of blog femininity that not only did I not know about - but I somehow managed to unknowingly fail? If that isn’t the politics of sexism - what is?

I have never met the other Kate (of Small Dead Animals) but I have met Lisa (of The London Fog) and Kathy Shaidle, and Wendy of Girl on the Right . There isn't a penis in the lot. But there are far more quality conservative female voices out there churning out punditry everyday then is commonly allowed for in the narrow confides of the liberal belief system.

And here’s a tip – we are all punching far beyond our weight, which is more than I can say for more than a few liberal girlie-man bloggers. Oh, and for the record, I owe more to Margaret Thatcher than I do to women’s lib.

4 comments:

catnip said...

And it’s not just her, but any bloggers "just like her." No doubt in liberalese this translates into "conservative" or "libertarian conservative" women just won’t make the list or the grade.

Wrong. And "just like her" is a misquote.

Here's the complete quote:

'smart' does not include bloggers like Kate who defame politicians by supplying fake, libelous quotes just to create hysteria.

That's pretty self-explanatory.

Read my post.

"Since Kinsella's list extends beyond lefty bloggers, suggestions from every party in the political spectrum are welcome."

And the reason I changed the criteria - which was just an expansion of the definition of "political" bloggers was to remind people that politics is personal. What's ironic about that and why would you even begin to think that I would want to "gag" you?

Anyone is welcome to submit a nomination. I don't know why what I've written has been misinterpreted like this and I hope bloggers from every political persuasion will suggest blogs for me to review - as some have already done.

You might want to read this post of mine if you doubt my sincerity about wanting to overcome partisan divides.

I'd also remind people that I'm just one blogger putting together one list. Others are more than welcome to compile their own lists and some already have. There's no "award" involved here and it isn't a popularity contest. It's only about recognizing Canada's "smart female bloggers" and as I've written elsewhere, "smart" isn't relative to one's political persuasion.

K. Shoshana said...

So what if the quote reads “bloggers like Kate who defame politicians by supplying fake, libelous quotes just to create hysteria”. It means the same thing as bloggers “just like her” and translates the same way. Catnip, don’t be obtuse.

As far as your alleged example of Kate’s unpardonable sin, I say, "BOLLOCKS!" Here’s a truism for you - it is just a small step from the positions Wrzesnewskyj and Nash staked out to “Death to the Jews” and there is the weight of 2,000 years of history showing it.

In the 40 nominations listed at your blog, maybe one (two at the most) is a conservative/libertarian female blogger. What does that tell you? I suggest there are some perfectly valid reasons why conservative/libertarian bloggers have stayed away en-mass from your blog and your nomination list. If you really want an exercise in inclusion; go check out the numerous hot linked high quality and/or traffic female bloggers who are most definitely conservative/libertarian at my blog. Take your pick.

But here’s the real point. No top ten list of Cdn Female political bloggers which deliberately excludes Kate at SDA is any list I want to join or be associated with. Nor do I feel the need to receive the seal of approval from Lord Voldemorte himself. I don’t always agree with Kate, but she is a damn fine blogger and probably one of the most successful bloggers in Canada.

I have no idea if you are a small L or a big L liberal, but I do know that only a liberal would attempt to argue that success is meaningless or quote Robert Fisk as a reliable source.

M@ said...

So what if the quote reads “bloggers like Kate who defame politicians by supplying fake, libelous quotes just to create hysteria”. It means the same thing as bloggers “just like her” and translates the same way. Catnip, don’t be obtuse.

Yeah, Catnip. Just because you said it doesn't mean you know what you meant. Geez.

Anyhow, I bet all the 40 or so bloggers nominated are equally guilty of all of Kate's transgressions, like "overlooking" the religious significance of a baby's costume. Happens all the time.

K. Shoshana said...

Yo M, KTZH here. Now that we are on initial basis - let’s quick to the chase.

I have no idea if all 40 or so predominately liberal and progressive bloggers would overlook the religious/cultural significance of a baby’s costume but I would bet the rent most of them would do their best to either outright ignore or spin away the parents who do dress their children up as suicide bombers or send them to Islamic Jihad & Hamas summer camps; where children learn all about the glory of imploding for Allah. Kate might be guilty of many things but it is not such an outrageous mistake as your snark suggests. Remember this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Suicide_Bomber

or this,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/1446003.stm

or this,

http://www.meforum.org/article/582

or this,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2071561.stm

But M, you have a larger problem. You are seriously boring and very petty. It’s easy for an entity like yourself to issue a snarky comment here or criticize there, but so what? Come back and comment when you have 1/20th of Kate’s readership and something of value to add. Love Kate or hate her - she is an incredibly successful blogger who a large percentage of people actively choose to read on a daily basis. No doubt her success sticks in your craw, but do something positive for a change - learn from it.