Thursday, June 18, 2009

Settlement Drink off

US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had a joint press conference with Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman which sounds more like a face-off. Arutz Sheva:

The relationship of “good friends agree to disagree” took a tough test Wednesday afternoon as U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, with Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman standing at her side, told reporters, "We want to see a stop to the settlements.”

The Foreign Minister, who lives in the community of Nokdim in the eastern part of Gush Etzion, south of Jerusalem, did not flinch and retorted, “We think that as in any place, babies are born, people get married, some pass away and we cannot accept this vision about an absolutely complete freezing of settlements."

Lieberman surprised me as I had no idea he spoke English – my bad. Frankly, if Hillary thinks she can steamroll over Lieberman I think she is in for a big surprise but I'd rather watch a drink-off between the two over the issues of settlements in the disputed territories and the first one who can give a coherent statement after three hours of heavy drinking wins. To make it fair Hillary, she can add Obama to her team but he has to drink too and be able to speak without a teleprompter.

1 comment:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

"Lieberman surprised me as I had no idea he spoke English..."

I still haven't an idea, esp. after listening to that interview. Re Hillary - take a look at my last post (well, last for now).