Saturday, June 20, 2009

Legend

I first started playing video games when my oldest son was 7. We finally broke down and bought him a Nintendo 64 with Donkey Kong for his birthday. Neither I or his father were much for video games. Pinball was a big deal in our day and that grew old in a hurry. His father refused to learn to play the games so the dirty job was passed to me. I had to learn the game and then teach the children. The thing was the games were actually fun. To this day, mention Donkey Kong to my children and the watch their faces smile at the memory of all of us playing.

One day when were we all Blockbuster Video I found Tombraider 1 for PC's in the bargain bin. I bought, loaded it on my computer and I was hooked. I was pretty happy with the Tombraider franchise until Angel of Darkness. Half-heartedly, I bought Legend for PC when the game came out but it lagged so badly on my machine I never got around to playing to whole game. I more or less junked the game until early this evening when I ran across it when I was looking for something else. Isn't that always the way?

I decided to load it, and well, I forgot how all engrossing playing video games can be. I don't know if it will be my favourite Tombraider but I know the laundry won't come close to being finished tomorrow.

No comments: