Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The National takes a look at Poundmaker

Tomorrow, I will break my rule and watch CBC’s The National (at approximately 10:20pm EST) because for once the CBC will be covering the one story that should have been receiving national profile and support all along.

The CBC will air a report on the Poundmaker First Nation’s disreputable state of band governance and a group of individuals (the Poundmaker Working Group) who literally banded together with virtually no outside support to fight back against the entrenched corruption and poor governance within their band.

It’s a story that Darcey at Dust My Broom first brought to my attention and that I have been following ever since. The fact that the Poundmaker Working Group has gotten as far as it has proves that evil will not triumph as long as good men and woman take a stand and act on principle.

Here is Darcey’s tag so that you can bring yourself up to speed.

No comments: