Friday, December 05, 2008

The poisoned turncoat

I can hardly stand all my good fortune at the moment. I keep feeling the need to pinch myself to make sure this isn't a dream. Bob Rae is stepping up to be ‘Chief Salesman’ of the Coalition reports the Globe and Mail.
Bob Rae is preparing a coast-to-coast campaign to sell Canadians on the concept of a coalition government, taking over as chief salesman and manoeuvring around Stéphane Dion, whose leadership is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Mr. Rae, the Toronto Centre MP and Liberal leadership candidate, began staking out his territory Thursday as the champion of a coalition government aimed at taking down Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

“He's going to carry the can,” said one of his chief strategists. “He's going to stand up and let his voice be heard and encourage Liberals to hang in and we can take down Harper and put in a good government that will do the right thing.”
I really think if I was a liberal, I would be seriously considering the possibility that Bob Rae is a NDP plant set on destroying what is left of the Liberal brand. But since I am not even close to being a modern day Liberal all I can think is – happy days are here again! Knock yourself out Bob! Good times people, good times!

No comments: