Friday, November 17, 2006

September can’t come soon enough for me

I was never very enamored over British Prime Minister Tony Blair (or his wife Cheri.) I always had this nagging suspicion in the back of my mind there was something a little off about him but I could never quite put my finger on what was off. He can be quite eloquent at times and he gives fairly decent speeches. Today I read this report in the Jerusalem Post:
Ahead of a planned trip to the Middle East, British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Friday that he was hopeful about a possible resolution to the Israel-Palestinian conflict. "This is an opportunity for us if we are prepared to seize it now," Blair declared in an interview to The Washington Post, and added that "sensible Arab and Muslim countries," such as Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Jordan, recognized the strategic benefits for the region in brokering a viable peace initiative. Peace between Israel and the Palestinians, Blair said, could open the door to a solution to the war in Iraq.
The nagging suspicion is gone. It’s conclusive - he’s just another moonbat with a good suit and decent diction.

No comments: