Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Post-Municipal Election Pick-me-up

David Miller won the election for Mayor of the City of Toronto.

So we have another 4-5 years of municipal mismanagement, runaway budgets, salaries & deficits. Litter literally everywhere in the streets and never in the bins, free crack kits distributed courtesy of the Department of Public Heath (but don’t expect the DofPH to clean them up out of your downtown yard or playgrounds as it poses a health hazard to their employees) and the increased likelihood of an outrageous municipal sales tax imposed on top of the federal and provinicial sales taxes.

But I don’t care. Bob’s back, and I no longer have a desire to read A Feast of Crows. Now if I can just get him to read and review The Runes of the Earth, I might just get to shelve that one without finishing it and be released from my guilt feelings for leaving it lying around the house unread.

1 comment:

Canadianna said...

It was expected, but still so scream-inspiring.