Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Mania dies at my door

I don’t think I have watched the Oscars since I was ten and I make no claim on being trendy or upbeat. Nor do I consider it a pull to have Jon Steward hosting but some film called Crash won and I didn’t even know it was in the running. Something about race relations in Los Angeles and all I can think is how very Rodney King of them. Even the Last Amazon hasn’t seen it who watches practically everything released. Do real people outside of the Hollywood bubble still think the Oscar’s are relevant?

The last Oscar winning film I saw was the Aviator and I saw it before it won an Oscar. I thought the beginning and the end were okay and I had a very satisfying nap in the middle. I keep meaning to watch the middle of it to see if I missed anything but I fall asleep every time I tried. Personally, my favourite film of the year didn’t even get nominated but lucky for me I was able to pick up a copy of Serenity for $10. It’s all good.

1 comment:

Chris Taylor said...

I really enjoyed The Aviator. The actual flying bits were fun, but more fun was seeing Hughes' sanity go down the toilet. I have no idea whether it was a true account, biographically or medically, but seeing Leo get stuck repeating a phrase over and over and over was just hilarious to me.

Which, by the way, is a terrific way of annoying the crap out of your girlfriend/spouse. Repeating the end of your sentences in a SoCal drawl is hours of fun for the whole family.