Thursday, March 02, 2006

Just call me stained and proud but can Sir Paul claim the same?

Let’s get this out in front first. I was never a Beatles fan though I did have to removed from church for singing out loud the Beatles song “She loves you” when I was two which was a huge top 40 hit at the time. If I recall the story correctly the priest proclaimed in a homily that St. Paul said and I sang “yeah, yeah, yeah”. My mother was mortified for years over that. So Sir Paul and I aren’t on a friend’s footing basis as I do know how to hold a grudge.

The ex-beatle Sir Paul McCartney is quoted in a Toronto Star article that the annual seal hunt is a stain on the character of the people of Canada. Well, I think that overblown has been aging doped out rock stars present the best case for euthanasia that might possibly persuade me to change my belief system.

The annual seal hunt off the East Coast is a “stain on the character of the Canadian people,” music legend Paul McCartney said today as he and his wife Heather staged a high-profile, anti-hunt protest on barren ice floes in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. The megastar couple called on Prime Minister Stephen Harper to end the centuries-old commercial slaughter by buying back hunters’ licenses and promoting eco-tourism instead.

“We don’t want to see the local people suffer,” McCartney said after the couple got on their bellies to get a close-up look at newborn harp seals sprawled on an ice pan about 20 kilometers northwest of the Ils de la Madeleine. “But, from what we hear, it is quite a small amount of their annual revenue and this could be easily sorted out by the Canadian government, if they care to do it.”
One of the most annoying aspects of living in this age is this concept that the government represents some kind of Welfare Corporation whose only function is to provide magically for all. Well there is nothing magical about the largess of the government and the government uses the threat of force to line the public purse and usually before I actually have the money in hand which I earned without the participation of the government - I might add.

How wearisome it is to read that “we don’t want the local people to suffer. But, from what we hear, it is quite a small amount of their annual revenue and this could be easily sorted bout by the Canadian government, it they care to do it.” Sir Paul wants us to believe that he cares about the suffering of the local people except that if he really cared he would know that money earned by the sweat of the brow does more for the human psyche than having to rely on the charity or largess of strangers. But if Sir Paul really truly cared about the welfare of the local people he would pony up and take on burden himself rather than attempting to shovel one more responsibility unto those who already overburden by the Canadian taxation system or he could just shut up and buy a few seal coats for his friends or distribute them to the poor.

If the seal hunt is stain on the character of Canada just colour me stained and proud. And if disagree, you can kiss the black on my mink that covers my ass because Bambi does not live in my world. And if you are stained and proud too -don’t forget to Eat an Animal for PETA Day on March 15, 2006.

3 comments:

RightGirl said...

Can we eat PETA members on PETA day? You know - to save some of the weeds and sprouts that they eat?

RG

K. Shoshana said...

Are we tallking baked, boiled, BBQ or deep fried?

Capt.Craig said...

I saw the whole Sycophant Larry show with Heather the Banshee ranting out of control. The arrogance of the bitch, who firmly believes she and her useful idiot husband know all about the hunt when all they know is what they have been fed by PETA and their despicable ilk. The clubbing scenes shown on the program were staged to incite anger. If those two twits really cared for anything they would be in a place like Darfur and not doing photo ops in the Gulf of St. Lawrence.