Thursday, March 30, 2006

Here's the deal

I finally broke down and bought an ipod. Yes, an ipod. I bought one for the Last Amazon a few months ago and while we were on holiday she loaned it to me to use. I was so impressed that I decided to go out and buy one for myself.

I didn’t study the issue and I have no idea if it was a wise consumer choice and I don’t care. I liked hers. I don’t need an mp3 player that will send email, play videos or make coffee. At my age the last thing I want is to look at anything visually that is only 2 inches by 2 inches so the ipod shuffle is perfect for me. It’s light, completely portable and comfortable to wear. I don’t need more than a Gig of memory and the sound quality for my much abused ears suits me just fine.

Apple has dropped the prices since I last bought one in December and the one advantage I have working for a really large company thatI never considered before is that companies like Apple offer discounts to the employees of large firms. The lack of posts in the last few days is because I am busy loading up the ipod so I am good to go. So rather that reading here I suggest that you visit the latest Carnival of Liberties hosted by the Searchlight Crusade.

No comments: