Thursday, March 09, 2006

I really have been earning my holiday

The last few days have been very heretic at work and at the home front. At work, I have been busy tying up loose ends and attempting to teach a temp to cover basics of my job so that I can go on holiday without being hassled at home. It hasn’t gone well. I regularly update my job manual and have re-written it just a gazillion times in the ongoing futile effort to make it as idiot proof as possible. I have discovered two new truth maxims. There are no appreciable limits to idiocy and temps don’t read manuals. A temp will never miss an opportunity to stand there and meltdown publicly rather than look for a solution in a well indexed colour coded manual that requires that the skill of reading be utilized.

On the home front, the oldest son has discovered Aerosmith and is attempting to learn “Dude looks like a Lady” in preparation for his longed foray into the musical world of electric guitars. I never really appreciated how loud an acoustic guitar can be, nor how annoying it can be to listen to the same song over and over again – at all hours of the day and night. My ears are aching and the mind is numbing. I am tempted to re-think the whole electric thingie.

But I see that I am not the only one suffering from brain burnout. Ynet News Online carries this article on a truly revolutionary poll undertaken to discover if Arab Israelis will be voting for Zionist based political parties. Save yourself the time it takes to click into the article and use your common sense. The only interesting part is that support was one time as high as 30% and has now dropped to 16%. Talk about a slow news day.

No comments: