Friday, April 24, 2009

He's our man

According to Ha’aretz, a pro-Palestinian UK group is attempting to get Leonard Cohen to cancel his Israeli concert dates because, well, it’s contrary to Buddhism and Israeli soldiers might attend his concert who also drink, go to clubs and play backgammon with each other. Frackingly unbelievable, I couldn’t make up this stuff if I tried. Now I am starting to believe there is really some kind of mind altering substance in the water in Britain.

Personally, I don’t know how far the UK academics will get with this line of thinking…considering Cohen still considers himself a Jew and did not hesitate to come to Israel during the Yom Kippur war…anyway, he’s our man.

Lyrical highlight - Or if you want to strike me down in anger. Here I stand, I’m your man.

No comments: