Wednesday, January 05, 2005

No room at CTV for a woman with child.

As I write this, CTV is airing its latest movie of the week; Choice: the Henry Morgentaler Story. I first saw this movie of the week being hyped during the holidays and my immediate thought was; why would anyone want to make a movie about an abortion doctor? My next thought was how ironic that CTV executives elected to feature and promote the story of Canada’s premier abortion doctor during the Christmas Season considering that a sub-text of the story is that there is no room in the inn for a woman with child.

(tipped off by Neale News & Relapsed Catholic)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I had to turn it off after the first ten minutes; I don't make any mystery of where I stand on this issue, and took great offense to the movie showing the judges hearing out Morgentaler early in the movie looking at very graphic depictions of self-induced abortions; of course the women all seemed to be dead. It reiterated the lie that the prolife movement wants only to abolish abortion, carte blanche, which is not the reality. We do not want women to have to resort to harming themselves because they feel helpless in a difficult situation; we want to make our society value both the woman's life and the life of the child and it will not be easy to create options, but we must find them. I hadn't really considered the irony, but it is there and it's so very sad.