Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Jewish Evangelical Infomercials

I feel asleep last night with the television on. My bad. I woke up to what has to be the strangest infomercial I have seen for some time. Although, I can’t claim to hold any kind of expertise on infomercials in general; it did strike me as rather bizarre and twisted. It was an appeal for money for something referred to as Isaiah 58 ministry run by the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews.

This piqued my curiosity on who were these strange people preaching all manner of doom and mayhem which required urgent funding to save the “Jews”. Something about saving Jews in the former Soviet Union from being overun by 'Muslim' hoards...or some such thing. I can't claim to have been fully awake at the time nor can I claim to have a handle on them yet as I am in the process of researching the organization. This is my long-winded way of saying there are no new blog posts this morning until I do understand exactly who are these people, and importantly, do the Elders know?

No comments: