Monday, December 03, 2007

Who knew purple was for wusses?

I bought an ipod shuffle for my oldest son last night. I came home and showed the Last Amazon and her brother Isaiah Sender. They laughed at me and told me to take it back. Apparently purple is not a macho colour nor manly enough for their brother. I said, “oh yeah, what about Prince! He choose purple.” The Last Amazon rolls her eyes at me and uses the old “oh, mother” phrase. Isaiah Sender dropped to the floor laughing hysterically choking out a few “Prince, Prince!” between breathes. It was at that point I started to worry maybe I did make a mistake in the colour.

The Last Amazon has metallic pink, Isaiah Sender has metallic blue and Apple has come out with these really wussy colours. Faded pastel green, washed out blue, royal purple, boring silver and red. I wanted a red one. I like red. Purple seemed like a good idea for son.

I decide to wait for Montana to come home and asked him what colour he wanted and what did he feel about purple. He says, he’d rather not have an ipod if all they have left is purple. He would feel like a wuss wearing it. Silver or red would be okay but not purple.

I decide to keep the purple. I’ll use it. I wanted a new one as my old one died and I have been using the Last Amazon’s old shuffle. I’ll go back to the store tomorrow and buy him the silver one. But I ask, who knew purple was a poor choice?

No comments: