Friday, December 14, 2007

About that right banner

In the last few days there have been a substantial number of new readers come to the blog via Treehugger at Stageleft and Dean Esmay’s blog courtesy of Naftali.

Personally, I am a little worried for Treehugger as he implores his readers to read more “Kateland”. I mean, he does realize I am a long time Zionist who has achieved the status and moniker of “The Zionist Hack” – right???? Or that I am a member in good standing at the International Jewish Conspiracy. In fact, in some non-Zionist circles I am regularly referred to as ‘that arab-hating judeo-nazi bitch’?

Naftali has picked up my post on a second Jewish state and the discussion it seems to have generated around whether it will be a Klingon or Space Viking state. Personally, I believe the commenters are missing the point because the Klingons created a huge expansionist empire which the Federation could not destroy. As for Space Vikings…that is just too weird. Maybe Intergalactic Maccabees.

What I wanted to point out to new readers, is that the web ad on the right is a little different than most blog web-ads. Firstly, it is an Israeli run and owned web-ad and like most blog web-ads it generates income when you click on it, but on my blog, all income is donated to various Israeli charities. Past recipients have been Standing Together and the campaign for Shirat-Hayam-Gush Katif.

So if you are inclined to be a mensch – right click now.

4 comments:

Balbulican said...

"Personally, I am a little worried for Treehugger as he implores his readers to read more “Kateland”. I mean, he does realize I am a long time Zionist who has achieved the status and moniker of “The Zionist Hack” – right???? Or that I am a member in good standing at the International Jewish Conspiracy. In fact, in some non-Zionist circles I am regularly referred to as ‘that arab-hating judeo-nazi bitch’?"

I'm a bit confused. Perhaps you can provide the missing connection between these two thoughts for me.

a) A Stageleft writer (in fact, all of us) think you're a good writer and thinker who should be more widely read.

b) You're a supporter of Israel.

The surprise comes from...?

K. Shoshana said...

Balbulican,

Nice to see your back.

In all sincerity, it was my meager attempt to invoke a little humor in a blog that can be downright dour at times, and a way of acknowledging that both Treehugger and Stageleft can't be boxed.

Obviously, I have a ways to go on my writing skills...

Balbulican said...

Rorry, my fault. Still bristling from a dustup with Shlemazl, and way too over-sensitive.

Great trip, except for the six (usually two) hour drive from Montreal to Ottawa after the twenty four (usually twelve) hour travel from Utila to Montreal. Pictures up soon.

K. Shoshana said...

No problem, must be something in the air -- the Last Amazon was a mite oversensitive this morning too...I would have let her stay home but she was simply too foul for words...maybe she had a dust-up with Shlemazl too?