Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bringing home the challah

The Last Amazon has landed her first job. I am so excited for her and now I finally understand why my mother would sit on a bench in the mall directly in front of the Laura Secord candy store where I had my first job and watch me work. Then she would cry. She still has my apron. I have already promised I will not sit in front of the bakery and cry, but I do expect her to bring home the challah tomorrow night.

Sniff, sniff.

One down. Two more to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's challah?

Alan

Chris Taylor said...

Egg bread made in a braided pattern (just image French-braided hair, but as dough). Jewish traditional. Although most people these days don't go the extra mile and braid it.

And congratulations to the Last Amazon. I would have died from embarassment if my mom sat on a bench opposite my first place of employment. I did keep my Wonderland park jacket though.

K. Shoshana said...

Actually Chris, as a teenager I found my mother to be somewhat of a great burden and imagined I had some mighty sins left over from a past life to pay for in this life but I did learn to be stoic in the face of the utmost humilation. It was great training for parenthood.

Though now I can't understand what I did to deserve such a wonderful person for my mother.