Sunday, September 17, 2006

those who live by the sword

As security for the Catholic Pontiff is beefed up, I find this story continues to fascinate and hold my attention.

Today, I am struck by the wide ranging Muslim groups and clerics issuing condemnations censuring the Pontiff for quoting 14th century Byzantine Emperor in a speech concerning faith and reason (and I paraphrase the 'offensive phase':
"everything Mohammad brought was evil "such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached".
But why weren’t any of these illustrious Muslim groups/clerics howling in outrage with their pens, voices and boots a few weeks ago when an obscure Palestinian terror group released a video of the forced conversions to Islam of two kidnapped Fox reporters?

I cannot find a single reference from any formal Muslim organization or esteemed Muslim cleric condemning the actions of the Palestinian terrorist group for the “by the sword” conversions of the two Fox reporters.

I guess for some the Truth can really suck.

No comments: