Sunday, September 10, 2006

Purse alert

I got tagged by Suzanne in this what do you carry in your purse meme. On occasion, I am a good sport with time to kill so here goes:

Wallet – not anything exciting I am afraid, stuffed with pennies in the change compartment, bank cards, credit cards, health insurance card, and SIN card. I absolutely adore the fact that I live in a country that issues you an official “SIN” card. For the non-Canadians out there, the SIN cards stands for Social Insurance Number which is comparable to a Social Security card.

Now on to the actual purse:

Purse sized bottles of L’Amariage and Happy. Whatelse does a woman need? Organza! Note to self: look for a purse size bottle of Organza. Do they even make purse sized bottles of Organza?

Lipstick (terra cotta red) keys, gym card, reading glass case – glasses are (of course) currently on my nose, security passes (work & home), Werthers, Blockbusters card, keys.

Passport - I really shouldn’t carry around my passport and not only because the picture is absolutely horrid. Note to the wise - don’t be cheap and go for the black & white photo – pony up the extra $4 bucks and get the colour pictures. It’s amazing how much older I look in that picture then I do now considering the fact that it was taken 4 years ago. I had very short hair and for the first time I noticed that I bear a striking resemblance to my Grandmother Rose at the time of her death. I have actually had custom’s agents ask me if it really is my passport and requested addition ID to back-up the passport. The truth is I can’t bear to not carry my passport. Blame my Gypsy heart. I need to know that I can flee at anytime and can travel anywhere.

Health card – much better picture though I do look very dark, and the hair is rather unkempt looking. Plus there is a rather wild look in my eyes and expression to my face. I really loathe the thought of having to show up at the Ministry of Health to get a new picture taken next July. The last time I was there the clerk propositioned me and I had a hard time getting away from him. Frankly, I don't have the slightest desire to play Cougar to his Mrs. Robinson fantasies.

Extra Strength Advil and Aspirin – blame the dancing.

And finally, my Ipod Shuffle, my new best friend.

Now to the tagging thing – I really hate to tag anyone for anything, and usually prefer to let this memes die with me, but I am being a good sport. So I tag Glenda because summer should be over now and I want her to get back to blogging because I miss reading her over coffee. And I tag Suzy Snapper, who I am sure has much more interesting things in her purse than I do and I bet, unlike me, she carries pictures of her love ones. The final tag has to be Wendy because I just know that whatever she carries in her handbag is what all real women should be carrying and I probably could use the instruction.

4 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the tag! I'm just setting up to take pictures and will post soon...the funny thing is today is my "Purse Change" day so it's a perfect time to dump everything out and start again.

You'd be surprised though...no pics of loved ones (keep meaning to do that!) and I carry my passport everywhere too!

NotClauswitz said...

What, no Walther PPK?? ;^) A housemate of mine way back when I was in Arlington VA carried a pearl-handled .25 auto in a zipper-case - looked like a glasses-case - to work at a Law-office in Washington DC, that girl always surprised the hell out of me.

K. Shoshana said...

This is Canada. We are not allowed to carry guns in case we kill or injure criminals and then who would the social activitists have to cuddle or champion?

Besides I am a Canadian. We are resourceful - everything is a weapon. I had a grandmother that killed a she-bear with a small kindling axe. I could probably take out your eye with my keys.

NotClauswitz said...

I'm in California and have the same restrictions, a kindling axe hatchet, or tomahawk is a mighty fine weapon!