Thursday, August 24, 2006

Today is simply an outstanding day.

My new computer is up and running, but more importantly; all three children will be sleeping under my roof tonight safe and sound. And if I have any doubts about that - I can do the bed check thingy.

Tonight will also represent the first time since June that I will finally be able to sleep in my own bed. For years, I have shared a bedroom with the Last Amazon, and with her gone off to visit family on the east coast, I have found that the room was far too big without her there to sleep in it. Mind you, she probably had a good sleep all summer as she loathes Larry King, while I find Larry King the absolutely most incredible sleep aid known to man or beast. LK knocks both me and the cat out within 5 minutes, but he rubs the Last Amazon the wrong way every single time.

I understand that I have to share the children with family. I also understand that grandparents have rights too, but this summer I got a taste of what awaits after the children grow-up and move out, and does it ever suck. Silence can be deafening.

No comments: