Friday, August 11, 2006

Anti-Hezbollah Counterrally to be held in Toronto

I just got a notice last night about an Anti-Hebollah Counterrally to be held tomorrow:

Well, since I agreed to organize an anti-Hizballah counterrally for August 12th, here is the plan. It's encouraging to see that people are actually interested!

I would like it if we could meet at the Starbucks at 110 Bloor West (on the north side of Bloor, west of Bay). I will arrive there probably a bit before 12:30PM. Please come between 12:30 and 1PM, which is when the pro-Hizballah rally starts. At 1PM we will walk one block west to the Israeli consulate, which is where all the pro-Hizballah types are going to be hanging out.

If you're reading this, and you're interested in attending, please email me so that we can swap cellphone numbers.

DIRECTIONS TO STARBUCKS: If you're taking the Bloor-Danforth subway line, get off at Bay Station and walk west on Bloor until you see the Starbucks sign. If you're taking the yellow line, it's probably easier to get off at Museum Station, walk north on Avenue Road to Bloor, then walk east. If you're in the general area but still can't find Starbucks for whatever reason, call my cellphone for directions.

SIGNS AND MESSAGES: Please try not to put anything on a sign, or say anything to the media, which could possibly get you in trouble for hate speech (the legal definition of which can be found here.

MUSIC: I'm planning on bringing an acoustic guitar. Does anyone know any easy protest songs?[Lord God no!] If you do, please suggest them to me, and I will look them up and figure out how to play them.

PUBLICITY: It's too late to launch any kind of full-scale advertising campaign for our counterrally, but if you know anyone who might be interested in attending, please pass this along to them.

See you there!

-Aaron: aaron1310 AT cogeco.ca

If you don’t have time to email Aaron, I wouldn’t sweat it. Just show up. Montana and I will be there. For some strange reason he doesn’t think it’s a good idea to let his mother go alone to a protest rally against a terrorist organization. Of course, he can’t understand why anyone would demonstrative in support of a terrorist organization. Frankly, I am a little loss for words to explain the rationale myself.

No comments: