Monday, August 21, 2006

back to the stone ages - the update

Techno Stoner Guy was supposed to show up Saturday afternoon and after rushing to compress 8 hours worth of chores into 4 hours; TSG had his wife call saying he would not be able to make it till Sunday afternoon. By noon on Sunday, I am feeling very discouraged and in the middle of my angst attack TSG shows up and he’s early too. I take this as a very hopeful sign.

The verdict is that my hard drive is not only kaput, but it has fried sections on my mother board. Apparently, not only do I need a new motherboard but I need a new hard drive as well. But all is not lost as TSG just happens to have a spare processor lying around that he can install in Sally to give her a little oomph. He also happens to have some spare memory to spruce her up. The problem is that he has to go home and get it. Here it is Monday, and no sign of TSG. Sally is running, well 'running' it is the wrong word to use here - Sally is alternating between her two speeds; slow and a complete stop. But considering I bought her in 1998 it’s a miracle that she operates at all.

My new computer should arrive within the next 10 days but I now have a bet with my son that the new baby will arrive before TSG finds his home, locates his computer parts and returns to our house to perk up Sally. My son is young and he still has much to learn. I consider this a sucker bet in which I will reap the benefits of clean dishes, floors and bathroom without having to do the work myself. Blogging will be whenever I can bear to go through the process of engaging Sally to just do it.

1 comment:

Gordon Pasha said...

"By noon on Sunday, I am feeling very discouraged and in the middle of my angst attack TSG shows up and he’s early too." Actually, that's a bad sign, he thought it was still Saturday. As for having your son do the chores, sure, then, after he gets done, you can go do them properly. lol Good luck with your problèmes informatiques.