Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Lost in the Supermarket

I had a feeling that it was long past the time to take the little Bambis out before they did any more damage. It may already be too late. Newsday is reporting this:
READING, Pa. -- A 130-pound deer crashed through the front window of a supermarket and ran amok for more than an hour before it was tranquilized by state game officials and removed. No one was hurt. The eight-point buck emerged from a wooded area, struck a parked tow truck and then jumped through the window of a Weis supermarket in Exeter Township, Berks County, around 5:15 p.m. Monday.

I am looking for recipes for new or interesting ways to cook venison. Anyone have any favourites, send them to me.

(Tipped off by Neale News)

2 comments:

glenda said...

I can honestly say that when I look into the pasture these days I am more likely to see a half dozen grazing deer than I am cattle.
We are lousy with them. The hunters will easily get their limit and sometime in late November or early December a nice man in a neon orange cap will bring me a box of frozen venison. Recipes? Well, since you asked I've been making my Christmas Tourtiere with ground pork and venison for several years now. Decidedly better than the veal/pork variety.

K. Shoshana said...

Come on Glenda, SHARE!