Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I know, I know, colour me cynical

It’s from the front page of the Globe and Mail that I learned that Greg Sorbara, Finance Minister for the province of Ontario resigned last night after it was learned that he was one of many targeted in a long running criminal investigation by the RCMP.

I doubt there is a citizen in this country that could eek out the tiniest exclamation of surprise that a Liberal MPP or MP would be under investigation by the RCMP for financial crimes unless it was another liberal.

I am content (for now) to let the RCMP and the courts decide if the Honourable Member is guilty or not, but the burning question in my mind is how much severance will it cost the taxpayer’s of Ontario for his voluntary resignation from cabinet a la Dingwall?

No comments: