Monday, June 06, 2005

One Hit Comments

Now this is both exciting and promising and makes me wish I had more than one life so that I could learn how to do what these researchers have done.

And in keeping with the scientific breakthrough theme Israel21c reports that Israeli scientists have located sarcasm in the brain.

I would also like to point out that Canada’s own Samuel Johnson aka Occam’s Carbuncle has published his lexicon online. My new favourite definition is for corruption:
corruption n. in government, the practice of transforming the merely blameworthy into the profitable

I have not blogged about Karla Homolka or commented on her imminent release from jail because I just can’t get my mind around the fact that she is still living and breathing while her victims aren’t. I fail to comprehend why as a society we are willing to play Russian roulette with Homolka. The debate should be on whether or not she lives; not on whether or not restrictions should be imposed on her liberty. It is high time that capital punishment comes back on the public agenda.

This weekend saw inductees added to the Canadian Walk of Fame. What I cannot understand is why Alanis Morrissette was inducted when she just took an oath of citizenship to the United States of America this year.

No comments: