Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I am too busy to come out to blog.

Did I mention how much I love gamers who are also computer programmers?

The first PC game I ever played was Tombraider. I loved that game and enjoyed all the Tombraider games until Angel of Darkness - that one was the only one that truly sucked. One of the regrets I had in switching to Windows XP is that I would have to give up all my old PC games.

Saturday morning, I discovered that the truly fine human beings at Tombraider Chronicles have developed a patch that you can down load onto your XP that will allow you to play all your Tombraider games again.

Initially, I was somewhat hesitant with the idea that I would get the same level of satisfaction and enjoyment in playing the old Tombraider games as I did when I first started playing them in the 90’s. I thought the graphics would look too hooky and the movements would be far too awkward for it to hold my attention any more. I was wrong. This just goes to show that good game play is not all about pixels. Blogging will resume whenever I get bored of playing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I have been playing the extra levels from Tomb Raider 1 lately. (TR 1 Gold, Unfinished Business). It's true that it looks blocky and stuff, but the game's still intriguing.

Shameless plug --> Uhh, yeah, *sheepish grin* I have a tr website too.