Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Are some Canadians more equal than others?

Maybe I just missed the news, as I have been somewhat distracted dealing with an ill child, but it seems to me that our fearless leader, Mr. Dithers, has yet to come forward to pledge support or aid to the people of Alberta who are dealing with a once-in-200-years flood to end all floods.

I remember the response to the Quebec ice storm or the appeal from the Mayor of Toronto for federal assistance when Toronto experienced a large sudden snow fall but the silence from the federal liberals just appears deafening to me. Someone tell me -am I only just hard of hearing?

3 comments:

Its Me! said...

Well what do you expect? That he would be any different from all the other Eastern buttkissers? (Hey no offence if you're in the East...I mean you can't really be upset when it's your butt being kissed, now can you!) These guys (PMs) know where their loonies come from (so to speak) and they aren't about to see them decline by a momentary lapse in attention to the required fawning.

K. Shoshana said...

I cannot speak for you but I always object to buttkissing when I am being robbed.

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, do you hear Alberta asking for their help? Thanks, we can look after our own.

Cheers!