Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The mote in the Jordanian eye

According to the Jordan Times, Jordanian legislators have decided to pursue options to sue Israel for alleged ‘war crimes’ committed in Operation Cast Lead.
AMMAN - Lawmakers on Wednesday approved recommendations submitted by the House Legal Committee on several options to sue Israeli “war criminals”, following the three-week devastating attack on Gaza that killed more than 1,300 people.

Let us backtrack to September 1970 in Jordan’s own rather colourful history with 'militant' Palestinians.
Estimates of the number of the people killed in the ten days of Black September range from three thousand to more than five thousand, although exact numbers are unknown. The Palestinian death toll in 11 days of fighting was estimated by Jordan at 3,400, though Arafat claimed that 20,000 had been killed.[12] The Western reporters were concentrated at the Intercontinental Hotel, away from the action. Nasser's state-controlled Voice of the Arabs from Cairo reported genocide.

Let me guess it’s a case of - no genocide for me but of course for thee.

2 comments:

Michael said...

What amazes me is that, whenever the Palestinians congregate in large numbers anywhere, someone always seems to find it necessar to kill them.

Of course, that's only a problem if Israel does it....

Kateland, aka TZH said...

I have often said, if one wanted to get cooperation in the UN to end things like the slaughter in Dufar or the Congo just send a small contingent of Israeli soldiers - that will get the world to act.