Monday, February 23, 2009

Awol

The Last Amazon came home from university for Reading Week. It’s been a joy for all for all of us having her home. Even her brother was so thrilled to have her back that he started to bring home little gifts from work…a box of strawberries, her favourite drinks, and trips to the movies on him. Isaiah Sender gave up his social life more or less for a week just to hang out with the ‘girl’. I cannot tell you how much it means to have had her home. There is a sense of ‘rightness’ when she’s here and when she leaves, she has a way of sucking the air out of all of us. Why she needs to go to university, I don’t know. Doesn’t the world have enough scientists and doctors? She left, but not before dropping a bit of a bombshell, what will come of it, I don’t know but the one thing I am sure of – is this; we all love her deeply and home isn’t home without her.

I don’t have a clue as to what is going on in the world as I haven’t watched a news report, read a paper and fully backed away from the computer this weekend. I expect I will now that she has gone but it will take me a while to catch up.

What I do know is that Likud leader Binyamin Netanyahu is set to form a coalition government in Israel and kassams are still landing in Sderot but the good news is a family was rescue from Yemen.

No comments: