Monday, February 09, 2009

marital peace

The Globe and Mail runs this lifestyle-like article on potential grooms choosing to forego diamond engagement rings due to the economic down turn, and instead, choosing other less pricey bubbles but it’s a comment from the thread which brings priceless sensibility and perspective to the whole report. King Kong from Canada writes:
I buy my girlfriend stuff from Tiffany's once in awhile, and she is in no way materialistic (it's my idea to buy and not hers). Is it a rip-off? Yes. Are there way better things to do with my money? Probably. Will men ever understand why we buy fancy rocks for 10000% markup? No. So why do I do it? It's the priceless look on her face when she sees that little blue box with the white ribbon, and then the constant admiring from her friends. It makes her happy for a long long time.

I stopped asking women logical questions about the usefulness of diamonds a long time ago. I just accept it and go with the flow. It's easier that way...
This is why King Kong from Canada will be and live a happily married man one day while other men struggle with a Sisyphus-like quest trying to find the ‘ever elusive’ peace in the home.

No comments: