Thursday, March 13, 2008

Should have used Fedex

I finally found probably the only Apple laptop user in the entire country who is willing to give up their perfectly good iBook. She is getting rid of the machine because she needs to be able to run the new version of Adobe for her artwork and her little iBook G3 just does not have the pull necessary to do it any more. She got herself a new MacBook Pro. Never mind that I had to cull every single person and connection I had to finally find someone I trust to go take a look at the machine in Vancouver.

I discovered an interesting thing about Apple laptop owners. These fuckers never give up their machines until every last pixel and circuit is completely toasted. Most of them just keep upgrading the machine the old machine until it is an entirely new machine. I have never seen anything like it before. I almost broke down and took the one of the dozen or so laptop deals of non-Apple machines but I really had a hankering to own an Apple so I held out. I got the machine I wanted at a price I couldn’t say no to.

I have copies of the OS, Office for Apple, a sleeve and a new battery but no laptop.

According to Canada Xpresspost the machine should have been delivered yesterday – at the latest. It has now been sitting in Mississauga for the last 72 hours and I have yet to understand what makes today any different from yesterday or the day before. Canada Post isn’t sure either. Even after all these years - Canada Post still so sucks. I was talked into using Canada Post, and if I had used FedEx like my gut wanted, it would have been here already. It would cost me the same amount but without the unnecessary stress and aggravation. If only there was a way to download the machine.

2 comments:

Nunya B said...

Love the thought of being able to "download the machine" - how many times have I wanted to be able to do that!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.