Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I remember Rae Days

I literally live dead centre in what is not affectionately called the Centre of the Universe by the rest of the country. Personally, I refer to it as the last level of Dante’s Inferno and if you don’t know what sin got residency rights in Dante’s last level of hell - you need to broaden your education so get busy reading The Divine Comedy.

Well, my MP finally stepped down, and I would like to send a big shout out to the little metrosexual putz from the bottom of my heart – DON’T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT! I’d be relieved but apparently the Big Di-Yawn has earned marked another little metrosexual putz which makes a kind of weird sense - given that the riding is the bull’s eye of the last level of Dante’s hell.

I’ve lived here since 1995 and I have never, ever, had a liberal canvasser either knock at my door or leave behind any liberal campaign material. And it’s not because I have hostile liberal signage in the windows or on the outside doors. The only thing close to a hostile signage on the outside door was a Star of David with Kill the Jew written on it in black marker though the landlord got rid of that one pretty quickly. Too bad the inside ones took longer. I think it was because it was easy to read from the street and so the landlord was probably afraid the graffiti would as a magnet or target for firebombing the building.

Anyway, new day and all of that, so I just might be in danger of having a liberal lurking at my doorstep once the by-election gets called. I am contemplating putting an appropriate sign in the window. Something like “I remember Rae Days; high unemployment, deep recession, mega layoffs” etc., but I am not really creative in that way so I am soliciting suggests and/or potential sign graphics from my fellow Canadians to help keep my home safe and free of liberals.

No comments: