Friday, February 18, 2005

Well, well, this is 'ironic'!

Guess who just took an oath of citizenship?. Yahoo news is reporting:
Canadian Alanis Morissette is now an American citizen.

The 30-year-old singer was among some 4,500 people who took the citizenship oath during a ceremony last week at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Morissette isn't turning her back on Canada — she's maintaining dual citizenship. "I will never renounce my Canadian citizenship," Morissette said in a statement Wednesday. "I consider myself a Canadian-American.

"There was a turning point during the ceremony where I felt connected to this country in a way that I didn't quite expect," she said. "America has been really great to me and I have felt welcomed since the day I came here."

Did anyone tell her that Bush won re-election and Republicans control congress? Do you think she did it for the tax breaks? Or was it for the censorship?

1 comment:

Babbling Brooks said...

More importantly for the radio folks, do her songs still qualify as CanCon? The perfidity!