Thursday, April 05, 2007

Share the joy and pass the tissue

My youngest son, Isaiah Sender, is the most generous of all my children. No, really. There is very little he will not share with me. In fact, he brought home one of the nastiest cold bugs I have seen with years. Was he content to share in the joy by himself? No. He did everything in his power to share the experience with me. For example, he waited until the exact moment I was walking by to start sneezing for maximum spread effect. Would he go in his room and sleep off the virus huddled under his blankets like the other two do? No. He stuck to me like glue. At one point, he crawled into my bed in the middle of the night to cough all over me.

Last night The Last Amazon discovered just how sick I really am. She told me I should go to bed, but I thought why should I - as long as there still remains the chance that I can still pass along the joy?

No comments: