Friday, April 13, 2007

My attempt to get back into the loop

The last few days have been filled with much personal and boring kind of stuff, hence, little blogging. I’m trying to come back up to speed.

I see Don Imus has been fired. If it wasn’t for Larry King Live I wouldn’t even know who he is, and for the life of me it I don’t actually know what he said about a black women’s college basketball team. I gather it was reprehensible and despicable. Ok, whatever, but now that Imus has been duly roasted and pilloried can we send The Reverend Al “Tawana” Sharpton to perdition as well? For the life of me, I cannot understand why the media gives the Reverend the time of day - let alone airplay.

Kurt Vonnegut Junior has died at 84. There was a time when I read Vonnegut. I was about 14 or 15. His books made me laugh and I thought he was edgy. Like I said I was teenager and it was the 70’s. I haven’t been able to pick up a Vonnegut book in the last 20 years and been able to get past the first chapter. His books now bore me senseless. So much for the voice of a generation.


The Honourable Belinda Stronach has decided to quit politics. I got to hand it to Stronach. She found a way to be referred to as honourable publicly - despite her less than stellar moral conduct.

No comments: