Saturday, April 08, 2006

This and That

The youngest had the need to bring home and share a cold and apparently it’s my turn to be on the receiving end of his gift, so I really am only up to few quick links. Carolyn Glick has an interesting article up on the Jerusalem Post on The Rise of the Islamist Axis that is worth a read.

Iris Blog has carries a post on the US Administration “re-directing it’s foreign aid from the Hamas led Palestinian Authority to the UNRWA for more “humanitarian pursuits. It sounds all good until you realize that the UNRWA has been caught with its pants down in the terrorist camp. Iris has the links here and here as well.

On a posted this morning I made reference to a Palestinian “work related” explosion in Hebron yesterday but it is from Ynet News Online where I found a detailed report on the bomb factory in question. And will wonders never cease; it just happens to be a Hamas run operation.

Overall, I am more than a little apathic towards Canadian politics which seems to be centered strictly on Prime Minister Harper’s hair, his handshake to his son, his weight and clothing choices. The other political news that the MSM is all agog over when it is not focusing its energies on the superficial seems to be the ongoing and never-ending search for a leader for the Liberal party.

Let me come out and state now that my preference is for leader is Bob Rae, aka the worst Premier of Ontario in the province’s history. I remember Rae’s painful tenure and my memories remain extremely vivid and I have an absolute treasure trove of material to draw upon if he wins the nomination.

No comments: