Thursday, April 06, 2006

Past the Post

I will never again underestimate the combined twin power of blogging and guilt. Henceforth expect mulitple posts on the virtue of picking your clothes off the floor or rinsing your dishes and putting them in the dishwasher. Late last night a long-time friend came to my door to return the books he borrowed 10 years ago and never returned which just happened to be paperback copies of three of the Walter Mosley books I was looking for.

It was after B. borrowed the books and neglected to return them despite reminders that I established my rule of never allowing another book to leave the shelf for any distance further than my sofa. If B. would let you down, then no one is to be trusted when it comes to books. B. did see another book that caught his eye and he he considered himself redeemed but I now operate on the Oscar Wilde principle; everyone can resist anything but temptation.

No comments: