Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Census Day: May 16, 2006, oh joy.

The census is a complete invasion of personal privacy. I fail to see any value in completing the form, and I don’t buy the argument that if the government knows my race, age, ethnicity, domestic sleeping arrangements, income level, religion or what language is spoken in my home it will magically improve my neighbors, garbage pick-up or the television broadcasting fare offered by the CBC.

But non-compliance is a criminal offence. The London Fog says it better than I could hope to In determining the value of human commodity.

Here is brief sample of my potential possible responses to the Census Questions:

Race: Predominately Chinnegro
Age: (Marlena Dietrich squared)y + x=D
Ethnicity: Roma-Chinnegro
Domestic Partnerships: Bestial Feline
Income level: 5 Billion plus (USD)
Religion: Ritual Amazonian
Language predominately spoken in my home: Foul

No comments: